The EFNMS, the European Federation of National Maintenance Societies, was established in 1970. The EFNMS transformed to a formal non-profit organization (“Vereniging zonder Winstoogmerk”) according to Belgian law created on January 18, 2003, in Amsterdam.
The EFNMS objectives are the following: the improvement of maintenance for the benefit of the peoples of Europe.
By the term ‘maintenance’ is meant: the combination of all
- administrative and
actions during the lifecycle of an item intended to retain or restore it to a state in which it can perform its required function.
Maintenance is of utmost importance for trade and commerce, for the environment, and for general health and safety. In order to pursue its goals, the EFNMS shall be an umbrella organization for the non-profit National Maintenance Societies in Europe.
In order that it may realize its objectives, the EFNMS shall, amongst other activities:
- Co-ordinate maintenance matters between European National Maintenance Societies and establish contacts with Maintenance Societies outside of Europe
- Study and introduce good maintenance management and promote and initiate maintenance techniques and processes
- Promote the awarding of prizes and distinctions relating to maintenance
- Provide direction in the development of maintenance
- Initiate and promote the publication of the results of scientific and practical work in the maintenance field
- Draft maintenance guidelines
- Organize bi-annual international conferences and conventions about maintenance
- Represent “maintenance”, as developed and implemented in Europe, and support it in contacts with official national, supra national, and international institutions.
Comments are closed.